0 of 20 questions completed
You have already completed the Test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading...
This Exam has been restricted to registered users only. Login
You have to finish following quiz, to start this Test:
0 of 20 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Read the following texts and then choose the best answer for each question.
Some say that nothing is more vivid or memorable than a picture. We disagree. No visual image is as vivid as the image created by the mind in response to words. The main function of the poet or the artist is, in fact, to enable people to see more deeply into things than they can with the unaided eye. There is more to life than meets the eye, and this is what good poetry or painting is all about.
It is not true that one picture is worth a thousand words. It takes only a few words- if they are the right words- to ignite the imagination and produce pictures that are far more colorful than anything within the range of electronic communications.
Yet the ultimate importance of print can be shown not by its superior images but by its ability to convey abstract ideas. No matter how intensive or prolonged a person’s formal schooling may be, he is only partially educated if he is not able to think abstractly. He knows that the most important factor in the making of decision is abstract thought. No other medium of communications can equal the speed and accuracy of print in moving and abstract idea from one human brain to another. If we are not concerned with philosophy, then let us put an end to print because print is the natural habitat of philosophical ideas.
1) According to the passage, the written word…. .CorrectIncorrect
2) In Paragraph 1, line 4, “there is more to life than meets the eye” implies that …. .CorrectIncorrect
3) According to the passage, a few words ….. .CorrectIncorrect
4) The most important impact of words is their ability to …… .CorrectIncorrect
5) A truly educated man must, according to the passage, be able to …… .CorrectIncorrect
6) According to the passage, the best way for conveying abstract thoughts is …. .CorrectIncorrect
7) Philosophical ideas can best be communicated ….. .CorrectIncorrect
8) In paragraph 1, line 1, “memorable” is closest in meaning to …. .CorrectIncorrect
9) In paragraph 2, line 2, “ignite” is closest in meaning to …. .CorrectIncorrect
10) In paragraph 3, line 1, “ultimate” is closest in meaning to …. .CorrectIncorrect
For two decades after World War II, mass production was extremely popular. Mass-production techniques pushed companies into standardized products, long product life cycles, and rigid manufacturing, emphasizing efficiency and low cost over flexibility. Special orders cost more. But today’s consumers are very choosy. They want quality, value, and products specially tailored to their needs, but always at the lowest possible price. For now mass customization has come to the fore. Mass customization uses information technology to produce and deliver products and services designed to fit the specifications of individual customers. Companies can customize products in quantities as small as one with the same speed and low cost as mass-production methods. Mass-customization systems use information taken from the customer to control the flow of goods.
1) We learn from the passage that mass production ….CorrectIncorrect
2) We learn from the passage that one of the characteristics of mass production is …. .CorrectIncorrect
3) By the phrase “mass customization” as it is used in the passage, is meant the production of goods …. .CorrectIncorrect
4) According to the passage, present-day customers… . .CorrectIncorrect
5) The point is made in the passage that mass customization ….. .CorrectIncorrect
6. According to the passage, which of the following statements is NOT true about mass production?CorrectIncorrect
7. According to the passage, which of the following statements is true about mass customization?CorrectIncorrect
8. In line 4, “choosy” is the opposite of ….. .CorrectIncorrect
84) In line 5, “tailored” is closest in meaning to …….CorrectIncorrect
10. In line 6, “has come to the fore” can be rewritten as …….. .CorrectIncorrect