0 of 24 questions completed
You have already completed the Test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading...
This Exam has been restricted to registered users only. Login
You have to finish following quiz, to start this Test:
0 of 24 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Part A : Choose the best answer for each question.
1.When a friend insist on …………. expensive gifts, it makes most Americans uncomfortable.CorrectIncorrect
بعد از حروف اضافه اسم مصدر استفاده می شود. توجه داشته باشید که قبل از اسم، صفت ملکی استفاده می شود.
2.Gilbert Stuart is considered by most art critics ……………… greatest portrait painter in the North America colonies.CorrectIncorrect
قبل از صفت عالی the استفاده می شود. the greatest صحیح است.
3. A child in the first grade tends to be ………… all of the other children in the class.CorrectIncorrect
the same……………. as
4. The bird`s egg is such an efficient structure for protecting the embryo inside …………… difficult for the hatching to break.CorrectIncorrect
such+ عبارت اسمی + that+ جمله
5. As a safety measure, the detonator for a unclear device may be made of …………, each of which is controlled by a different employee.CorrectIncorrect
با توجه به اینکه equipment غیر قابل شمارش است میتوان از piece قبل از آن جهت شمارش استفاده کرد.
6. ………………. that the English settled in Jamestown.CorrectIncorrect
It was…… that……….
7. An equilateral triangle …………. and three angles of equal size.CorrectIncorrect
جمله فوق نیاز به فعل و مفعول دارد.
8. …………. two waves pass a given point simultaneously, they will have no effect on each other`s subsequent motion.CorrectIncorrect
با توجه به اینکه دو جمله مستقل استفاده شده ، یکی از جمله ها باید شبه جمله قدیدی باشد. نظر به اینکه جمله دوم آینده ساده میباشد نشانگر این است که جمله شرطی نوع اول است.
9.Staying in a hotel costs ………….. renting a room in a dormitory for a week.CorrectIncorrect
10. Unlike most Europeans, many Americans …………….. a bowl of cereal for breakfast every day.CorrectIncorrect
21. Fast-food restaurants have become popular because many working people want ………. .CorrectIncorrect
12. On an untimed test, to answer accurately is more important than …………….. .CorrectIncorrect
Part B : Read the following sentences. In each sentence, choose the underline word or group of words that is NOT correct.
13.The extent to which an individual is a product of either heredity or environment cannot proved, but several theories have been proposed.CorrectIncorrect
14. Jane Addams had already established Hull House in Chicago and began her work in the Woman`s Suffrage Movement when she was awarded the Nobel Prize for peace.CorrectIncorrect
15. The flag of the original first colonies may or may not have been made by Betsy Ross during the revolution.CorrectIncorrect
16. The most common form of treatment it is mass inoculation and chlorination of water sources.CorrectIncorrect
17. Without alphabetical order, dictionaries would be impossibility to use.CorrectIncorrect
18. The pickerel Fog, native to southern Canada and the eastern United States, should be avoided because their skin secretions are lethal to small animals and irritating to humans.CorrectIncorrect
19. Scientists had previously estimated that the Grand Canyon in Arizona is ten million years old, but now, by using a more modern dating method, they agree that the age is closer to six million years.CorrectIncorrect
20. Although jogging is a good way to lose weight and improve one`s physical condition, most doctors recommend that the potential jogger begin in a correct manner by getting a complete checkup.CorrectIncorrect
21. Some conifers, that is, tree that have cones, are able to thrive on poor, thin soil.CorrectIncorrect
22. Airports must be located near to major population centers for the advantage of air transportation to be retained.CorrectIncorrect
23. It is imperative that a graduate student maintains a grade point average of “B” in his major field.CorrectIncorrect
24. Dairying is concerned not only with the production of milk, but with the manufacture of milk products such as butter and cheese.CorrectIncorrect