You have already completed the Test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading...
This Exam has been restricted to registered users only. Login
You have to finish following quiz, to start this Test:
0 of 55 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
انتظار می رود که به 60% سوالات پاسخ صحیح بدهید.
Question 1 of 55
51. The government raises money to operate by tax cigarettes, liquor, gasoline, tires, and telephone calls.
بعد از حروف اضافه اسم مصدر استفاده میشود. taxing صحیح است.
Question 2 of 55
52. Led by Daniel Webster, the Whig party was one of the two major political powers in the United States from 1834 and 1852.
ساختار ……from….. to صحیح است.
Question 3 of 55
53. Both viruses also genes are made from nucleoproteins, the essential chemicals with which living matter duplicates itself.
ساختار ….both…. and… صحیح است.
Question 4 of 55
54. Agronomists studycrop disease, selective breeding, crop rotation, and climate factors, as well soil content and erosion.
اصطلاح “as well as” به معنای همچنین صحیح است.
Question 5 of 55
55. The deadbolt is the best lock for entry doors because it is not only inexpensive but installation is easy.
ساختار …. not only…. but also… صحیح است. ضمنا but also easy to install صحیح است. زیرا بعد از not only صفت بیان شده.
Question 6 of 55
56. Before the invention of the musical staff, people passed musical compositions on to each other not by writing them brown but also by remembering them.
ساختار …not….. but.. صحیح است.
Question 7 of 55
57. Some birds can travel at speeds approaching one hundred miles an hour, and a few land animals can so.
and so can a few animals
Question 8 of 55
58. Accordingto many educators, television should not become a replacement for good teachers, and neither are computers.
با توجه به اینکه در قیمت قبلی should not بیان شده، باید به جای are از should استفاده شود.
Question 9 of 55
59. In most states insurance agents must pass an examination to be licensed when they will complete.
بعد از when, as soon as, while,.. زمان آینده استفاده نمیشود. will باید حذف شود.
Question 10 of 55
60.In Ground Approach, the air traffic controller informs the pilot how far is the plane from the touchdown point.
شبه جمله اسمی نباید سوالی شود. how far the plane is صحیح است.
Question 11 of 55
61. Ever the Senate passes a bill, a messenger takes it to the House of Representatives, delivers it to the Speaker of the House, and bowsdeeply from the waist.
جمله نمیتواند با ever شروع شود. when یا whenever صحیح است.
Question 12 of 55
62. Although the ‘lake poets’ Woods worth, Coleridge, and Southey were friends, they didn’t really form a group since Southey’s style differed wide from that of the other two.
بعد از فعل اصلی قید استفاده میشود نه صفت. افعال to be استثنا هستند. widely صحیح است.
Question 13 of 55
63. Overseas telephone services has been expanding fastly since its inauguration in 1927 when a radio circuit was established between New York and London.
قید و صفت fast کلمه fast میباشد. بنابراین fastly غلط است.
Question 14 of 55
64. Sometimeseveral nationsbecome partners in a larger political state, as for example, the four nations joined in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
for example صحیح است. عبارت as for example وجود ندارد
Question 15 of 55
65. Only rarely wins the same major league baseball team the World Series two yearsin a row.
چنانچه جمله ای با کلمه ای منفی یا کلمه ای که بار معنایی منفی دارد شروع شود ابتدا فعل کمکی و سپس فاعل بیان میشود.
does the same major league basketball team wins
Question 16 of 55
66. When a child, Barbara Mandrell played the guitar, banjo, and saxophone in her family’s band, but in 1981 she was named Entertainer of the Year for her singing, and she has continued her successful vocal career for several decades.
while صحیح است.
Question 17 of 55
67. Ghost towns like Rhyolite, Nevada are communities that are not longer inhabited because changes in economic conditions have caused the people to move elsewhere.
عبارت no longer صحیح است.
Question 18 of 55
68. On the fourth July in 1884, the Statue of liberty waspresented formally by the people of France to the people of the United States.
on the fourth of July
Question 19 of 55
69. Alcoholic beverages vary widely in content, ranging from only 2 or 3 percent for some light beers to as high to 60 percent for some vodkas and brandies.
as high as
Question 20 of 55
70. Although there are exceptions, as whole, the male of the bird species is morebrilliantly colored.
اصطلاح as a whole به معنای “بطور کلی” صحیح است.
Question 21 of 55
71.Thunderthatis audible from distances as far away as ten miles.
that زائد است. زیرا باعث میشود که تا انتهای جمله فقط یک شبه جمله وصفی داشته باشیم.
Question 22 of 55
72. Quasars, which relatively small object, emit an enormous amount of energy.
شبه جمله وصفی which is a relatively small object تبدیل به عبارت وصفی شده ولی which حذف نشده.
Question 23 of 55
73. Most modern observatories contain telescopes that scientists using as cameras to take photographs of remote galaxies.
use صحیح است.
Question 24 of 55
74. Of all the reference materials, the encyclopedia is the one that most people using.
use صحیح است.
Question 25 of 55
75. Because early balloons were at the mercy of shifting winds, they are not considered a practical means of transportation until the 1850s.
با توجه به اینکه جمله زمان گذشته است باید از were استفاده شود.
Question 26 of 55
76. William Faulkner, a famous from Mississippi, said that it is possible to understand the South unless you were born there.
با توجه به اینکه فعل said زمان گذشته است فعل is نیز باید به was تبدیل شود.
Question 27 of 55
77.The Zoning improvement plan, better known as zip codes, enable postal clerks to speed the routing of an ever-increasing volume of mail.
نظر به اینکه فاعل جمله plan میباشد و سوم شخص مفرد است enables صحیح است.
Question 28 of 55
78. The high protein content of various strains of alfalfa plants, along with characteristically long root system that enables them to survive long droughts, make them particularly valuable in arid countries.
فاعل جمله content میباشد و سوم شخص مفرد است بنابراین makes صحیح است.
Question 29 of 55
79. There isabout 600 schools in the united States that use the Montessori Method to encourage individual initiative.
با توجه به اینکه بعد از قید مکان there ساختار جمله معکوس میشود و فاعل جمله یعنی schools جمع است، are صحیح است.
Question 30 of 55
80. Everyone who has traveled across the United States by car, train, or bus are surprised to see such a large expanse of territory with such variation among the lifestyles of the people.
فاعل جمله everyone میباشد که مفرد است بنابراین is صحیح است.
Question 31 of 55
81. Four milesarethe distance to the office.
بعد از عبارات مربوط به زمان، مسافت، وزن و پول فعل به صورت مفرد به کار می رود.
Two hundred dollars was all he had.
Fifty kilometers is a long way to drive.
Five months has passed and nothing has happened.
50 kilos is too heavy for me to lift it.
Question 32 of 55
82. Magnesium, the lightest of our structural metals, has an important place among common engineering materials because oftheir weight.
صفت ملکی their به اسم مرجع Magnesium برمیگردد که مفرد است. بنابراین its صحیح است.
Question 33 of 55
83. Although maple trees are among the most colorful varieties in the fall, they lose its leaves sooner than oak trees.
اسم مرجع its کلمه trees میباشد که جمع است. بنابراین their صحیح است.
Question 34 of 55
84. One can only live without water for about ten days because almost 60 percent of their body is water.
صفت ملکی their به one برمیگردد که مفرد است. بنابراین one’s صحیح است.
Question 35 of 55
85. The Gray Wolf, a species reintroduced into their native habit in Yellowstone National park, has begun to breed naturally there.
اسم مرجع صفت ملکی their کلمه wolf میباشد بنابراین its صحیح است.
Question 36 of 55
86. After graduating from City College, the State University was the place that Professor Baker’scontinued his studies and received his Ph.D. In English.
شبه جمله قیدی در صورتی به عبارت قیدی تبدیل میشود که فاعل دو شبه جمله یکسان باشند و جمله دوم با اسمی شروع شود که فاعل شبه جمله قیدی نیز محسوب شود.
After State University graduated from City College, the State University was the place that Professor Baker’s continued his studies and received his Ph.D. In English.
جمله فوق غلط است چرا که دانشگاه نمیتواند فارغ التحصیل شود. بنابراین تبدیل آن به عبارت قیدی نادرست است.
Question 37 of 55
87. To estimate how much it will cost to build a home,finding the total square footage of the house and multiply by cost per squire cost.
find صحیح است.
Question 38 of 55
88. The aims of the European Economic community are to eliminate traffic between number countries; developing common policies for agriculture, labor, welfare, trade, transportation, and to establish trust and cartels.
مبحث ساختهای موازی: to develop
Question 39 of 55
89. The cacao bean was cultivatedby the Aztecs not only to drink but alsocurrency.
مبحث ساختهای موازی :
not only to drinkbut alsocurrency
بعد از but also نیز باید مصدر با to استفاده میشده
Question 40 of 55
90. The idea of a submarine is an old ancient one, dating from as early asthe fifteenth century when Drebbel and Da Vinci made preliminary drawings.
مبحث زائد نویسی: کلمات old و ancient مترادف هستند بنابراین یکی از آنها باید استفاده میشده.
Question 41 of 55
91. Advertising itprovides most of the income for magazines, newspapers, radio, and television in the United States.
مبحث زائد نویسی: با توجه به اینکه it به advertising برمیگردد استفاده همزمان اسم و ضمیر فاعلی نادرست است.
Question 42 of 55
92. When the temperature is risen to the burning point without a source of escape for the heat, spontaneous combustion occurs.
rise= بالا رفتن raise= افزایش یافتن. دما افزایش می یابد بنابراین raised صحیح است.
Question 43 of 55
93. Melanin, a pigment that lays under the skin, is responsible for skin color, including the variations that occuramong different races.
lies صحیح است.
Question 44 of 55
94. Hyde Park, the family estate of Franklin D. Roosevelt, sets on top of a bluff overlooking the Hudson River.
set= چیدن sit= نشتسن
Question 45 of 55
95. Before television became so popular, American used to entertain each other in the evening by playing game, saying stories, and singing songs.
telling صحیح است.
Question 46 of 55
96. To assure the safety of those workers who must handle radioactive material, the employer should not leave them enter contaminated areas without protective clothing.
let= اجازه دادن leave= ترک کردن
Question 47 of 55
97. Either a saving and loan company or a bank can borrow money to those people who want to buy a home.
borrow= قرض گرفتن lend= قرض دادن
Question 48 of 55
98. A one hundred-horse power tractorcanmake the work of a large number of horses.
Question 49 of 55
99. The price of gold depends inseveral factors, including supply and demand in relation to the value of the dollar.
Question 50 of 55
100. The color of the Red Sea is due to a minute alga, or sea plant, whoseforms huge patches of a blood red tint.
Question 51 of 55
101. Because of the long drought, citizens were told that it was imperative that in future they will save as much water as possible.
مبحث وجه التزامی: بعد از افعال التزامی فعل شبه جمله اسمی ریشه فعل است. will باید حذف شود.
Question 52 of 55
102. Above 80 percent of the laborers at the construction site are temporary workers.
Question 53 of 55
103. The federal government recommends that all expectant women will not only refrain from smoking but also avoid places where other people smoke.
مبحث ساختهای موازی: will مازاد است.
Question 54 of 55
104. Air pollution, together with littering, are causing many problems in our large, industrial cities today.
فاعل جمله pollution میباشد بنابراین is صحیح است.
Question 55 of 55
105. To see the Statue of Liberty and taking pictures from the top of the Empire State Building are two reasons for visiting New York City.